- Ease of Handling: The wellhead shelter weighs between 400 –1500 lbs (182 - 680 kg) (depending upon size and options) and have a top mounted lifting lug. They can be nested inside each other, allowing as many as 24 shelters to be shipped in a single load.
- Resistance to Corrosion: We have received many complaints from customers who have had metal buildings corrode. MOCOAT® shelters are ideal for both sweet and sour applications.
- Double-wall Construction: "All wellhead shelters are not created equal". MOCOAT® Fibreglass buildings and wellhead shelters are constructed with a double-wall system to provide R-12 insulation, superior strength and durability. Besides its resilience our double wall system also helps protect the foam insulation from deterioration, delamination, rodents and other problems associated with exposed insulation.
|MOCOAT® wellhead shelter was lifted over top of the wellhead and installed over existing piping||MOCOAT® double-wall wellhead shelters|
- Adaptability: MOCOAT® shelters are easily installed over existing piping. The most common method is to cut a slot in the building with a slight mitre end. Once the shelter is placed over top of the wellhead or process equipment, the area removed from the slot should be cut underneath the piping and then reinstalled into place using either caulking or sheet metal and self-tapping screws.
- Versatility: The height of an 8’ conical shelter can be increased to 10’ with one of our 2’ extension rings. This feature is beneficial for areas with large volumes of snow and ice.
MC 8' x 7' x 8' wellhead shelter is complete with 2' extension ring in order to increase overall height to 10'.
- Pre-engineered Design: Our Building System is pre-engineered to meet requirements for wind and snow loads in North America. With shelters and buildings in service since 1968, we have truly withstood the test of time.
- Easily Repaired: If repair is necessary, the process is simple and usually requires no specific fiberglass manufacturing expertise.
- Base Mounting: The exterior base flange allows for fastening to various foundations including concrete, steel, wood, asphalt and gravel.
- Wide Range of Options: Designed and manufactured for your building application. Options such as roof hatches, windows, vents, upgraded doors and door hardware as well as custom frames and supports are all available upon request.
|3' x 3' Wireline roof hatch (inside view)||MC 11' x 10' x 8' wellhead shelter complete with 3' x 3' roof hatch for wireline access.|
|Custom MC 11 10 14 for use on Alaskan North Slope||MC 11' x 10' x 10' wellhead shelter with custom mounted solar panel.|